The Love INC Clearinghouse maintains a directory of existing local church ministries and also seeks to identify areas for new ministry development. In Love INC language, we call these new ministries "gap" ministries. They are designed to respond to identified "gaps" in services offered in the community. Some are offered by one church alone and others by groups of churches.
When we receive multiple calls for the same need, we present this information to our partner churches for their consideration. It is our hope that the unmet need will be a “good match” with the current gifts and talents within a particular church. It may also be that an existing ministry can be adapted or perhaps a multi-church coalition formed.
Current gap ministries include:
- Crisis Funds - Multiple Churches
- Practical needs responders - The Crossing Church, Christian Fellowship Church, Compass Evangelical Free Church
- Holiday/home delivered food - Christ Our King Presbyterian Church and Christian Fellowship Church
- Home/car repairs - The Crossing Church and Alive in Christ Church
- Moving - Multiple Churches
- Refugee - Christian Fellowship Church and City of Hope
- Handcrafted bunk-bed frames - Compass Evangelical Free Church
- Tot's Clothing Closet - Alive in Christ Luthern Church
- Hygiene products closet - Memorial Baptist Church, The Crossing Church, Christian Fellowship Church, Dripping Springs Christian Church
- Sew You Know sewing instruction center - Community Methodist Church
- Laundry Love (Laundromat vouchers) - First Christian Church and Memorial Baptist Church
- The Caring People single mom support group network - Multiple church locations
Multiple churches provide food pantries, transportation to services, and various support groups. If you are interested in more information about these church programs, please contact the Love INC office.